About Undercover Soldier-An Interview

Again my friend Witty Brown decided to interview me as to my reasons for writing Undercover Soldier.

WB: Why did you write Undercover Solder?
AM: I knew I could write a full length novel. I had written several short stories before.
WB: Is Undercover Soldier your first novel?
AM: It was my first novel. My late sister in law, Margaret Haughton, said that it had too many killings. I rewrote it, taking out most of the bloodletting. The book has been edited twice.
WB: Who helped you edit the book?
AM: There was a lady, I can't remember her name now. It was she who suggested that I change the name of the book from Operation Wareika. The other editor I used was an American gentleman. I also used another American gentleman for the formatting and book cover. I don't think I've recouped what I have spent on this book.
WB: Why did you choose Undercover Soldier?
AM: The main character in the book was working undercover and he was a member of the armed forces
WB: Have you made any money off Undercover Soldier?
AM: No, I think if I was in the USA or the UK I would have done much better. I have gotten offers to turn the book into a best seller but the cost was prohibitive. I published the book on free e books com and more than 1,000 persons have downloaded it.
WB: You're not making any money off your writing so why do you continue to write?
AM: Every writer feels that he or she has something to tell and that's what motivates me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Bushes to cut Firewood-review

BUBBLE'S BABY-An Excerpt

Jamaica Creative Writer's Conference