Some Colorful Characters Three

We shall call him Lattie. He was a tall man of Indian descent, who always complained that because of his complexion he should be a bank manager. Sadly those times had passed. I first met Lattie at the library. He would buy all the morning papers and read them. My first impression was that he was an insurance salesman but to my astonishment he was unemployed. He told me that his passion for reading newspapers was due to the fact that he only learned to read when he was fifteen years of age. He had a voice like thunder and we had to be urging him to tone down his voice most times. He could hardly keep a secret. Once a mutual friend owed me some money and was using delaying tactics in repaying me. I told Lattie about it and the next day the friend could repeat word for word what I had told Lattie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Bushes to cut Firewood-review

BUBBLE'S BABY-An Excerpt

Jamaica Creative Writer's Conference