The Constant Spring Market

I don't know much about the Constant Spring Market except that my sister used to sell there for a short time. My understanding that the authorities want to demolish the market to make way for the widening of Constant Spring Road. While the widening of the road is needed I am also wondering if the market is no also needed at its current location. I believe there is enough space at the current location and the widened road. It could be that the Uptown people don't want to see the market there anymore. They believe it is an eyesore. Dozens of people make their living from this market. To tell them to relocate to other markets is unfair. This is how we have always treated poor people in this country. I believe that the vendors should start a Go Fund Me Project to help rebuild the market right behind its present location. We can't just treat poor like rubbish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Bushes to cut Firewood-review

BUBBLE'S BABY-An Excerpt

Jamaica Creative Writer's Conference