Scout and Cadet Troops

No matter how hard I tried, my mother and grndmother were steadfast against me becoming either a scout or a cadet. The fear stemmed from my grand uncle going to the First World War. There was a scout troop at St. Faith's Primary School and one at Grateful Hill Methodist Churc. There was a cadet core at St. Mary's where I attended school. Incidentaly I attendeed church at Grateful Hill and St. Faiths was in close proximity to where I lived. Sometimed in the early seventies, I saw one my cousins. He had just fled from the United States. He had gone there to study dentistry only to be drafted into the army to fight in Viet Nam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Bushes to cut Firewood-review

BUBBLE'S BABY-An Excerpt

Uptown Lovers by Austin Mitchell-Chapter Two