Environmental concerns-Destroying our Forests



Environmental Concerns One
Destroying our Forests
I am no environmentalist, at least I’ve never gotten any training in any of the relevant disciplines. Nevertheless, I have my concerns. Years ago, maybe it could be the middle sixties I went to this forest in my village. I estimated it to be about fifteen to twenty acres in size. We dug some wild yams, ginger and things that can be put on cuts. I never went back there. A couple of years ago when I asked about the forest, I was told that it had been cut down and replaced with the cultivation of cash crops. I was appalled. How could something like this happen? I don’t know who owns the land on which it was situated. My question is, do the relevant government agencies do a mapping of our forests in order to preserve them?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Bushes to cut Firewood-review

BUBBLE'S BABY-An Excerpt

Jamaica Creative Writer's Conference