Manage Your Money


                                                        Managing Your Money

I wrote a play several years ago about a man who returned to Jamaica with his lottery winnings. He blew that money in under five years. I recently read in the newspapers about a man who came into what most persons would call a fortune and like the man I wrote about has almost blown it. I won't go into how this man said his money went. What I will simply say that is that I know that a lot of persons are calling him foolish and vowing that could never happen to them. It can happen to anyone coming into an unexpected fortune or fame. How often we've heard about famous sportsmen and their demise even after earning fame and fortune. I am no money management expert. My advice to persons coming into any large amount of money is to seek an advisor. All the banks and investment houses have such persons ready to sit down with the individual and discuss their options.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Bushes to cut Firewood-review

BUBBLE'S BABY-An Excerpt

Jamaica Creative Writer's Conference