Indiscipline in Schools

It seems that there is a breakdown in discipline in many high schools, especially the newly minted high schools. I am on the road often and I see male and female students and their manner of dress doesn't give me confidence that they are interested in learning. Most if not all schools now have a dean of discipline. Children go to school to learn, if they are not going there for that purpose then maybe they should go somewhere else. One of the questions I would like to ask is  what percentage of the Grade Six Cohort actually sat the Grade Six Achievement Test for 2017. I spent only a few years as both a teacher and a student. I know that not all students will matriculate to our top schools. I am pleased that the government has agreed for some students to remain in school for an extra two years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Bushes to cut Firewood-review

BUBBLE'S BABY-An Excerpt

Jamaica Creative Writer's Conference