A Cricket Match

I remembered a cricket match we played. I was going to high school and I was the captain of the team. It was against an all-age school in our village. Each side might have had about eight players. I was in Grade Nine at the time. We batted first and were being routed by the other side. I went to the crease and got my first ball and played a defensive shot, only to see my batting partner, a Grade Eleven boy, running down on me. I desperately tried to reach the other crease but was run out. I hoped that the boy would make amends for running me out. However, he was bowled the first ball he received. We were bowled out for eleven runs. Our opponents  easily hit off that score.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Bushes to cut Firewood-review

BUBBLE'S BABY-An Excerpt

Jamaica Creative Writer's Conference