GLENGOFFE DAYS 3



GLENGOFFE DAYS-A review of Poems 18-32

18.STOP THE VIOLENCE-We want the violence, against all of our people to stop.

19.DAYBREAK-Daybreak looks so beautiful in Jamaica.

20. SUNSHINE-Oh, beautiful Jamaican sunshine, where are you? I’ve seen you in so many places.

21.I DREAMED MY GRANDMOTHER-I dreamed my grandmother, but she didn’t say anything to me.

22. GOING INTO THE HILLS TO TEACH- A poem about my experience teaching in the hills.

23.I’M BACK FROM THE HILLS NOW-Another poem about teaching in the hills.

24.DO WE KNOW OUR HISTORY- Are we proud of our culture, our race?

25.MANGO SEASON- A poem about mango season.

26.KITE FLYING-Poem about kite flying.

27. BIRD SHOOTING- A poem about bird shooting.

28.THE BIG RIVER- A Poem about the mysteries of our native river.

29.GIVE US BACK OUR LANGUAGE-A poem about taking away our language and giving us ones that we don’t understand.

30.WE MUST PROTECT OUR CHILDREN-Poem about protecting our children.

31. WE WANT PEACE IN THE WORLD-Poem about peace in the world.

32.I’M OVER THE MOON-A faith based poem

Book is available on Create Space and Amazon.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Bushes to cut Firewood-review

BUBBLE'S BABY-An Excerpt

Jamaica Creative Writer's Conference