Backwod Lovers-The story of Marsha Dodd and Vin Lowe

Backwood Lovers a novel by A. G. Mitchell Chapter One Vin Lowe returned to Keswick that afternoon after a three year sojourn in the United States. His father had died only last year and his mother the previous year. So here he was at twenty five years of age to run a shop and bar. Megan Whyte entered the shop, it was around six o’clock. She was a young girl in her ealy twenties. He served her what she ordered. “Vin, I can come back to stay with you?” “I’m okay, Megan, plus I don’t want any trouble with Teddy.” “We’ve broken up. He was watching me. I could’t go anywhere because of him. I couldn’t talk to a next man vex or something. I just told him to and he wasn’t go about his business and leave me alone.” “I’m free, single and disengaged.” She flaunted her body at him. She is wearing a cut of jeans shorts and a t’shirt. She had big but firm breasts, a narrow waist, but wide hips. She is about five feet six inches tall. a narrow waist, but wide hips. “I know who you love and it’s Marsha Dodd.” “I’m just shy, Megan.” “Are you going to the dance later on tonight?” she asked. “Yeah, it’s being kept in Norris.” “I’m not like other women.” “All women are the same.” “I’m different, I’m willing to sleep with you and not be your woman.” “Okay so you’ll go to the dance with me, then?” “You can pick me up at around ten o’clock.” She was not gone ten minutes before Leta Benn entered the shop. Like Megan, she has big breasts, a narrow waist but wide hips. She was in her early twenties and the mother of a little girl. Vin estimated her height to be about five feet seven inches. Like Megan, she neither smokes nor drinks. She is dressed in a pair of white shorts and a body hugging blue blouse. “What a way you look sexy, Leta. Your legs are pretty like money.” She laughed and said. “Fron you returned home you just keep to yourself. I know that you’re still in love with Marsha.” “Marsha, as far as I know is still along with Nollis Binns. It’s about seven years now that we haven’t spoken to each other.” “Lovers, can’t be vexed that long.” “That’s why I’m not in love with her.” “Leta, I want to start seeing you. There is a dance being held in Norris tomorrow night. Would you like to go with me?” “Vin, I wouldn’t like to be dancing with you and any woman come take you away from me or “She won’t be there and she can’t do you anything.” That night he picked up Megan at her gate and took her to the dance. He bought food and drinks for both of them and they sat and ate it. Megan’s ex-boyfiend, Teddy, was there. Vin was primed for any trouble from him. He was dancing with another girl, Sandy Morris. “I’m sorry for Sandy. She doesn’t know what she has picked up.” Vin laughed. They left the dance at around two o’clock that morning. They went to his house to make love. She climiaxed, digging her nails into his back and thrashing around on the bed. He took her again that morning. He gave her money to buy things for herself. The next night he took Leta to the dance in Keswick. They were entering the venue whe he said. “Look how I brought you to the dance and didn’t even ask you if you have a boyfriend.” She laughed. “I had a boyfriend. You should know Dex Barnes, but we broke up about three months ago.” He paid their fares and they entered the dance and began dancing. Later he bought food and drinks and they sat and had it. They got up to dance again. Leta’s ex-boyfriend Dex Barnes was there but he was dancing with another woman. They left the dance at around two thirty that morning. They went to the Keswick backroad and made love in the back seat of the car. She climaxed, digging her nails into his back and calling out his name. He took her home to sleep with him. They did it again that morning. He gave her money to buy things for her baby. After he dropped Leta home that morning, Vin sat thinking. Marsha was at both dances and she was dancing with Nollis Binns. He and her had been classmates at both primary and high school. In grade ten they had become lovers. He remembered them always saving up money to go to the Hill View hotel. He remembered them playing around before they did it. He remembered her always calling out his name as she climaxed, digging her nails into his back as she thrashed around on the bed. By grade eleven they had broken up. This was because another boy had come to him with a story that he saw her kissing one of his friends. He had quarelled with her and gone to fight the boy. She had cursed him off and vowed never to speak to him again. She refused his efforts at a reconciliation. From he returned he had been going out with different women and sleeping with them. It appeared that Nollis was her boyfriend because they were at most dances and parties he had attended. From primary scool days, he and Nollis couldn’t agree on anything. He was a disagreeable and loud mouthed fellow. *** Vin was the server in the shop and Stacy Brown was the server in the bar. He made her work weekdays and Novia Dyce on weekends. Both women were very attractive. They were both copper coloured. Stacy was tall with big breasts and wide hips. Novia was a medium sized woman but very shapely. She was twenty five and the mother of a little boy. Stacy was twenty six and the mother of a girl and a boy. Vin was tempted to go after both women. They had made overtures that they wouldn’t mind going to bed with him. They had worn some revealing clothes to work most times. Based on friendly advice he decided not to get involved with either woman. He decided to keep the relationship on a strictly professional level. Both girl’s boyfriends had accused him of being along with his woman. Even some men who drank in the bar swore that he was along with both women. He was in Linstead the next Friday, when he saw a beautiful young woman lookin ay him. It was Karen day, she used to attend Keswick High School. Thet shared a short hug. “So Karen, aren’t you married and all that?” “No, I’m not married but I have two year old daughter.” “I returned to run my late parent’s business.” “Where is Marsha? I thought you would have taken up back with her?” She saw him grimace. “I’ve seen her around. She’s along with Nollis Binns. That’s who I see her going out with. How about us haVing lunch over at Mattis restaurant?” “Okay, you lead the way, Vin.” They were inside the restaurant now. Marsha ordered rice and peas and fied chicken. Vin ordered ackee and saltfish and locally grown food. “I’m working at Lobban’s pharmacy right in the town.” “I want to invite you to a party on the weekend.” Their food arrived and they were eating it. “As I told you I have a young baby. I’ll ask my mother to look on her. I’ll come to the party.” They continued eating their food. When they were finished she went back to her work and he some goods he was buying for his shop. After the party he dropped her home. He knew that she would have cursed him off if he had told to let them go on the Keswick backroad to do it in the back seat of the car. She called on Sunday and said that she had enjoyed the party. He noticed Marsha being absent from the last few parties. He heard it on he grapevine that she and Nollis had broken up. Exceri from my soon to be completed novel: Backwood Lovers Keep watching my blog, Amazon, payhip and book fusion for updates

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Bushes to cut Firewood-review

BUBBLE'S BABY-An Excerpt

Jamaica Creative Writer's Conference