IDENTICAL TWINS?

No, there weren't identical twins. Weston Brown and Freddie Brown were brothers.They used to work as Weston Brown. I first met Weston at a government department, Downtown, Kingston in the late seventies. Both of us were temporary office clerks. Surprisingly, I have never seen Weston again. Two jobs and maybe about five years later I encountered a man calling himself, Weston Brown. He resembled the first Weston and based on what I had heard was from the same area. We were both clerks at Jackson Wright insurance brokerage firm. People who knew the first Weston said that the second Weston was working in his brother's name. The second Weston told me that the first Weston's real name was Freddie. He lent him his certificates to look a job as he didn't have any qualifications. But senior staff at Jackson Wright's agency complained bitterly about Weston's poor performance. Jackson was forced to fire him. I left the firm a year later having gotten a better job offer. One day I was going through a list of persons who had applied for my new post and I saw that Weston was one of the applicants. Surprising to say I have lost track of both brothers but I heard that the second Weston had migrated to the United States. Readers remember my books on Amazon.com, payhip.com and lulu. Just type Austin G Mitchell in the search engine to find my books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Bushes to cut Firewood-review

BUBBLE'S BABY-An Excerpt

Jamaica Creative Writer's Conference