THE PRETENTIOUS STUDENT

Me and Norris Reid used to attend the same high school. I was two years ahead of him. About five years after I left school I met him in Half Way Tree. He had some voluminous law books. We got to talking and he started telling me about his professors at the university. Frankly he left me wide-eyed as I didn't know that he was doing law. I know that you had to get some pretty good grades to get into the law faculty. I am not one to put down others. A month later I saw one of Norris' classmates. I asked if he knew that Norris was studying law at the University. He expressed surprise. Some months later I saw Norris again. He accused me of spreading rumors about him. I didn't know what to make of the whole thing. Why was he walking around with law books and talking about professors as if he was in daily contact with them? I haven't heard that he was crazy or anything like that but I still found it very strange.
Please visit the Austin G Mitchell pages at Amazon to have a look at my books. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Bushes to cut Firewood-review

BUBBLE'S BABY-An Excerpt

Jamaica Creative Writer's Conference