Jamaica's 2017-18 Budget

Frankly I don't agree with the government various tax measures just to fund the $1.5M threshold. It's affecting too many people. I think it's inflationary and might affect our growth prospects. What I think they should have done is to gradually do the increase over the next five years. For example persons who will not benefit from the threshold are going to be affected. For example I hear that bus fares will be increased. Taxi fares will also increase as well as other transportation costs. Food prices will also increase. I am therefore appealing to the government to lower the concessionary rate for men on the Jamaica Urban Transit Company from sixty five years to sixty years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Bushes to cut Firewood-review

BUBBLE'S BABY-An Excerpt

Jamaica Creative Writer's Conference