Political Disclosure of Assets

I do believe that all Members of Parliament should disclose their assets and liabilities to the Integrity Commission. I am not sure if I agree with making full disclosure to the public. But are these reports audited? I do believe that they should be audited and any additional statements or queries requested from the member should be given. My understanding is that the Integrity Commission is staffed by persons of the highest competence and integrity. However if somebody is going to disclose their asset and liabilities then what I'd like to see are the Income and Expenditure Account and a  detailed Balance Sheet with extensive notes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Bushes to cut Firewood-review

BUBBLE'S BABY-An Excerpt

Jamaica Creative Writer's Conference