Going to the Dentist in the Rural Areas

            Back in the old days I always dreaded going to the dentist, not because I was afraid of the needle but because I might not get through. You might reach the clinic at six in the morning and hear that there were only fifteen tickets given out and people had already come for them. If you are having a terrible toothache all you can do is go back home and buy some tablets to ease your pain. I remember having a toothache for an entire night. I stuffed the cavity with a tablet, pour alcohol on it yet there was no ease up. When I reached the clinic the next morning I wasn told that all the tickets to see the dentist have been given out. I knew that the clerk had given some of the them to his friends.
          I could never believe it was so easy to see a dentist when I went to live in Kingston. You didn't have to wait for weeks to have an extraction done. Of course there were quack dentists around but I've never gone to any of them. Once one of them extracted a tooth for a man. The tooth began to bleed and the quack dentist started to perspire profusely but lucky for him the bleeding stopped.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Bushes to cut Firewood-review

BUBBLE'S BABY-An Excerpt

Jamaica Creative Writer's Conference