Loader Men

I can't tell you how surprised I was to see Duggins loading a bus in Cross Road. Loader men are men who volunteer their services to transport operators for a fee. Duggins was a bright boy in school. I didn't teach him but I knew that he got some good grades. It appeared that he had fallen on hard time.  These loader men are everywhere. I was surprised to see them as far as Lawrence Tavern. They load buses and taxis. Sometimes tension can develop between these loader men and the transport operators and even among themselves. Sometimes it has broken out into violence. These days, I haven't seen Duggins, he may have been pushed out by younger and more aggressive men. It is hard to imagine that this a full time job for these men but it is.
Please visit the Austin G Mitchell pages at Amazon for a look at my books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Bushes to cut Firewood-review

BUBBLE'S BABY-An Excerpt

Jamaica Creative Writer's Conference